Wednesday, March 26, 2003

EyEdOLL

EyEdOLL.........

Shit, after some god awful banter that sucked whats left of my brain cells as I watched it.......American Idol my distraction, my.......folly..........My God.........what?......Lee Greenwood?...wha??? The 10 remaining idols sang in concert to "Proud to be an American" by Mr. Lee Greenwood. I'm not a Country Music fan.....but that song......another one of those god damn songs!!! I admit it was a schmaltzy move for the producers to choose that song......and today feeling frazzled, and wasted with no idea what this all will bring........I listened. Then my heart just ached off the monitor as I listened and I'm reminded that's it's no longer about Weapons Of Mass Destruction, it's about "Liberating Iraq"........true....but um.....yeah .

And I’m proud to be and American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.


All at once, when I heard them sing this.......I felt.......humbled, ashamed, scared & proud.......Then I fucking cried like a god damn baby......God DAMN American Idol. I mean shit......I've been numb to the Bombings and Orange Alert.....I've not been able to make sense of this lately and BAM.....the freakin Idols made me breakdown and release some anxiety, fuck. Crazy shit.

Well, Allah will be happy to know that we are down 1 Idol. Julia Demato got the kiss off. I'm good with it......I mean I'm not alone in thinking that all big breasted women WITH a waistline shouldn't be voted off! Take yer sorry skinny ass away, off to the Centerfold, off to Vegas........buh bye. So, as our troops head towards Bagdad at this very minute closer to the unknown.... we're proud to be Americans with only 9 Idols left to worship. NEVER question your faith, if ya have it.