Sunday, March 23, 2003

I schmoozed, I did it, I hate kissing up to anyone but damn if I didn't make the effort. I met some intresting people, sneered at smart mouth children and survived to tell the tale. I spoke about Literacy in front of a lot people.......I had the microphone shoved in my face by my interviewer.....I could have smacked the bitch...."could you pull it back a bit" he obliged, though I am fond of metal mesh touching my lips....I don't share that with large crowds. Anyhoo I spoke briefly (saving my anxiety for war issues) I focused on the matter at hand, reading and more importantly reading books bought at my store. I mentioned the release of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 2 times and went back to making bookmarks with a gazillion kids....could ya shoot me! I donated a copy of Walter the Farting Dog for the 'random' drawings and passed out the first chapter of a new book The Day My Butt Went Pyscho: Based on a True Story. Quality literature!