Saturday, April 12, 2003

Journalism

Words n' stuff

Blogs are booming, my dad started a blog today inspired by my own rants. Now he to can enjoy instant publishing. Glory in the masses of people that will come to his site and stare at his thoughts. I mean, it's fascinating really.....get a website....spew.......people watch you as you stand in a puddle of your own piss. It's nice to share.


Ok.......Friday five......got this from my friend Pie's site. Just thought I would give it a go now that the fever has seems to have broken and I'm not curled up in an achey ball on my couch though my head is throbbing, so wtf, this should be interesting. Here we go.....


1. What was the first band you saw in concert? If I can remember correctly, it may have been Cheech & Chong, Santana and Tower of Power. It was the 70's and I think it was at Padre Stadium in San Diego where I grew up. Pretty much explains everything really.


2. Who is your favorite artist/band now? I'm enjoying the current garagesque punk band movement: The White Stripes, The Strokes and The Vines. Simplicity is under rated. I can't lay claim to a favorite as my tastes are quite diverse. I'm all over the board the older I get. I love the Pixies, the Who, the Stones, Zepplin, Striesand, Harry Connick Jr. (so sexy), Sheryl Crow, Hole, Nirvana, REM, Dave Matthews.......omg it's endless.......if it's real and loverly.....I dig it.


3. What's your favorite song? Right Now it's "Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered" sung by: Ella Fitzgerald

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be? MY bass!!! LMFAO! Shame on me I haven't picked it up this year.....um wait.....I dusted it. Rock N' Roll baybeeeee!

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?
Dead: John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Axl Rose.....heh oh and um......Hendrix. Alive: Madonna and um....any single, rich son of a bitch with a geetar and a taste for unreasonably neurotic women. heh