Sunday, April 24, 2005

"Spring Time Fresh" Not Just For Douches Anymore

Any indepth writing is still stewing in the back of my mind for the time being as I am still "spring cleaning", which incidentally is a massive task for a book whore and collector of things never to be looked at again. My goal is to have a home that doesn't look like a college students home as I am now officially 40ish, mentally I'm still 25, physically I feel 40ish-ish. It is coming along quite well, book shelves and a new computer desk that is as of yet unassembled due to the large volume of books to be sorted and shelved. You may be thinking to yourself, "what the fuck is the problem with that woman, two weeks of spring cleaning and she's not done?", well as any good candidate for adult ADD would know, I get off track, a lot. I'm going for that Shabby Chic look so I've been painting everything white, stained the coffee table--white, then scuffing and beating the shit out of the stuff to make it look shabby (insane, I know, but what did you expect). Then I had to plant all the seeds I started a few weeks back, look out mother-fucking-nature. Needless to say, I'm exhausted and writing original spews in lieu of sharing linkage is entirely too taxing on my brain, this post alone will surely deplete my mental energies for the week. So with that I give you some Book Spew:

Sex In the City writer Cindy Chupack opines of the horrors of touring with her book
The Between Boyfriends Book : A Collection of Cautiously Hopeful Essays
and competing with her fellow Sex In The City's consultant's book. "
He's Just Not That InTo You":

Anyhow, all was not lost because a book tour is not only bookstores. There is press. And press is read by men, often on the toilet, but still, press seemed more promising than the Lilith Fair my readings had become. And I did get some press. I even got interviewed on the ''Today'' show,'' which seemed like a giant coup until ''He's Just Not That Into You'' was an entire episode of ''Oprah.'' And then another episode of ''Oprah.'' And then an entire ''Larry King'' show. They still haven't been on Leeza though.

I'm afraid to say the "He's Just Not That In To You" crew have one-upped Ms. Chupack again with the release of the abridged pocketbook size version "HJNTIY"; a must have for the neurotic in you. What I like about it is that you can bring it discreetly on a date with you so that you can completely over-analyze and dump the bastard before you give up the goods! Not that I'm bitter, anyhoo....Another book link for you--"Welcome To The Monkey House" a website devoted to the genius that is Kurt Vonnegut. Good times. Have a SUPER DAY!