Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Humpday Linkage ver. 3.0

*Olbermann spews his Newsweek opinion:
SECAUCUS - I smell something - and it ain't a copy of the Qu'ran sopping wet from being stuck in a toilet in Guantanamo Bay. It's the ink drying on Scott McClellan?s resignation, and in an only partly imperfect world, it would be drifting out over Washington, and imminently.

Oh my...
Whenever I hear Scott McClellan talking about -media credibility,-I strain to remember who it was who admitted Jeff Gannon to the White House press room and called on him all those times.

Ouch.
------------------------------------

*Store Wars! Is that a lightsaber diguised as a pickle in your pocket or are you just tossing a salad?

With the release of Star Wars today, the streets will finally be safe from um....geeks, if only for a few hours.
What can you say about a civilization where people zip from one solar system to the next as if they were changing their socks but where a woman fails to register for an ultrasound, and thus to realize that she is carrying twins until she is about to give birth? Mind you, how Padmé got pregnant is anybody?s guess, although I?m prepared to wager that it involved Anakin nipping into a broom closet with a warm glass jar and a copy of Ewok Babes.


--------------------------------------
"...a first rate job of promoting science and rationality."
--John Rennie, Editor-in-Chief, Scientific American
"...the best journal in the field."
--Stephen Jay Gould, Harvard University
"...stimulating and provocative."
--Carl Sagan, Cornell University
"One of the year's top 10 best new publications."
--Library Journal
"Skeptic kicks ass."
--Penn Jillette of "Penn & Teller"

I bought a copy of Skeptic Magazine yesterday and on my return home from work I started reading an article on the legitimacy of Shakespeare's work. Fascinated, I promptly fell asleep in my chair, mouth open and drooling. In all actuality - not some, but all - it's a great magazine. Makes ya think and I'm all for thinking, sometimes.