Thursday, July 28, 2005

Clean Chubbies Cause Controversy, Crap!

Chubby Wubby was all bare.. Ample chicks bathe, I should know this, I bathe all the damn time, it's just considerate to the other humans who have to sniff your stink on a regular basis. The Dove Chubs are a very successful ad campaign if your pissing off chumps like movie critic Richard Ropert, your a success.
"Chunky women in their underwear have surrounded my house. ... I find these ads a little unsettling. If I want to see plump gals baring too much skin, I'll go to Taste of Chicago, OK?

"When we're talking about women in their underwear on billboards outside my living room windows, give me the fantasy babes, please. If that makes me sound superficial, shallow and sexist -- well, yes, I'm a man.
"

This remark by Ropert caused some rather bitter email to come his way and being a journalist he responds that the campaign is flawed and what exactly is it are they trying to sell? It's just fucking shameful Dove got on the "firming" bandwagon, when any chub with a goddamned brain can tell you that it's exercise, not soap, that will tighten the tummy and firm the thighs and buttocks.

The women in the ad are all beautiful, and it's not like they have massive folds of skin to lift to show their um..girlie parts..it's a tasteful ad in my opinion, what's not tasteful are Roperts cocky comments, basically he's a pompous prick, sure, his tastes are his own, but he doesn't have to be dick about it. I suggest that chubs unite and threaten to sit on Ropert and suffocate him, perhaps a more respectful approach, say, the chubs could through their food at the mofo, yes?
[link via]