Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hell or High Water FEMA Doth Suck

It's devastating, infuriating, the motherfucking incompetence of the bureaucracy. Don't defend it, own it, fix it, NOW. I woke up at 6 a.m. to Meet the Press and was destroyed by an interview with Aaron Broussard, President of Jefferson Parish, I cried and fell back to sleep and dreamt of misery and suffering. Fortunately, Wonkette got the tape so you can see it yourself, it's a must see:
MR. BROUSSARD: I'm telling you most importantly I want to thank my public employees...
MR. RUSSERT: All right.

MR. BROUSSARD: ...that have worked 24/7. They're burned out, the doctors, the nurses. And I want to give you one last story and I'll shut up and let you tell me whatever you want to tell me. The guy who runs this building I'm in, emergency management, he's responsible for everything. His mother was trapped in St. Bernard nursing home and every day she called him and said, "Are you coming, son? Is somebody coming?" And he said, "Yeah, Mama, somebody's coming to get you. Somebody's coming to get you on Tuesday. Somebody's coming to get you on Wednesday. Somebody's coming to get you on Thursday. Somebody's coming to get you on Friday." And she drowned Friday night. She drowned Friday night.

Judge Rehnquist passed away last night. He lived a long and full life, he died warm in his own bed, may he rest in peace. I'm sorry to say I have little sadness for his loss, forgive me my lack of sorrow, it is elsewhere at the moment.

I'm off to work, Labor Day weekend has been laborious for me this year, and trust me, I'm thankful as fuck that I'm working, that I have my home, my family and the hairball my cat just horked on my carpet, ew. What is up with all the damn hairballs lately????