Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The idea is is that if you don't consume sugar morning, noon and night, you'll be better for it....

Better schmetter. Day 4 without a constant stream of sugar running through my veins, I have a headache, I have no desire to finish the sentence. I did, I finished the sentence, I'm so damn proud. Sigh.

Here's the ABC's of an idea on the idea of ideas:
What makes an idea viral? Seth Godin knows.

For an idea to spread, it needs to be sent and received.
No one "sends" an idea unless:
a. they understand it
b. they want it to spread
c. they believe that spreading it will enhance their power (reputation, income, friendships) or their peace of mind
d. the effort necessary to send the idea is less than the benefits

No one "gets" an idea unless:
a. the first impression demands further investigation
b. they already understand the foundation ideas necessary to get the new idea
c. they trust or respect the sender enough to invest the time


I have an idea, somebody smuggle me some goddamned chocolate covered anything. Have a super day.