Monday, October 24, 2005

I refuse to put a title here

Why do I refuse? Because I can't think of shit, my brain is mush today; Monday Mush (warning: cheap Will & Grace "The Madonna Episode" rip off)cut to me all Oliver Twist like: "I'd like some more, please" more of what? A brain.

We were pleased to see that Technorati actually updated their book page, see, that's what them there brilliant fuckers at Technorathole are supposed to do on a daily basis, but they've updated the page only twice in the past 4 or 5 months, it used to be daily, helping me sniff out trends, then they slacked like a Spicoli when someone became interested in their sorry ass. Listen, if you want to sell the merchandise, shouldn't all of the merchandise work? Algorithms my ass, please. /technoratireamfest

"I'm passionate about selling." He smiled again. In fact, he smiled so much that I wondered whether a clay mask of his face hanging above the door to my shop might let me off the smiling hook.

"Books aren't like anything else," I said, curious as to whether I could rattle him at all.

"Nothing's like anything else," he replied, still smiling.

"Cornflakes?" I said. "Baked beans?"

"Maybe,"
[via bookslut]


It's true, selling books is an immense joy for myself as well, I could never sell Corn Flakes or Baked Beans with as much enthusiasm and that's saying a lot, because, honestly, I really dislike working in the public. Sure, I play the game, I sell them books like no ones business, because I like books, people, not so much. Now before you think I'm a complete douchebag, my particular vein of neurosis enables me to complete a transaction and conversation with a customer in my head, before it actually happens. But what of the premise of never judging a book by it's cover? Fair enough, but 9 times out of 10 I've got the person pegged and for that 1 percent that completely delights my senses and proves me wrong, well I shag the mofo. Kidding. You have to have a libido for that and mine is on vacation in fucking Florida getting it's ass whipped by weather and liking it. Ah, well, there's your untitled Monday post, thanks for stopping by and please remember your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device in the event of an emergency. Have a super day.