Saturday, November 12, 2005

My Inbox and other stories

Click to sliiiiide Well I guess apologies are in order, I had some work on my "inbox" this week and was out of commission, let's just say my inbox had some junk mail and I deleted the shit. So, I'll try like hell to catch up on a weeks worth of events via my inbox and a brief blog surf:

The week started off as usual and then it went downhill from there, leading me to say Augh! [Link via zombywoof]

Shit rolls down hills, especially when you wrap it in a pretty package and give it a nudge, I'm talking about CNN dumping the "folksy" Aaron Brown and replacing him with The Anderson Cooper posable action figure (complete with Hurricane Grip).
The writing was on the wall a few weeks ago, when CNN executives added Cooper to "Newsnight" as Brown's co-anchor, then started jazzing up the show with loud lead-ins and over-the-top graphics. Brown was forced to move from behind his desk and deliver the news while awkwardly standing in front of the set --presumably because some focus group full of twentysomethings declared that sitting was too sedentary for these hip, frenetic times.

I took it personally when Brown was dumped and almost shed a tear for the guy and then I remembered Cooper's blue eyes and "passion and enthusiasm", there is a time and place for "jazzing it up", but I for one, like it slow and steady, life is frenetic enough without having the News come off as a sexual assault on my senses. It's not enough Wolf Blitzer's Situation Room makes me feel like an inadequate ADD has been. I can't keep up, and the same will be said of Cooper's flash after awhile, when we remember that time is fleeting, contemplation and quiet at the end of a long day is what the body requires to replenish the life-juice, not more flashy shit in our faces, even if it's pretty and chock full of protein.


----------

They say to keep your friends close and your enemies closer and like any good President, Bush keeps tabs on his "enemies" like Wonkette, Michael Moore, and the left side of the blogwhirrled.
Shades of Richard Nixon and his "enemies list" Â? According to Doug Thompson, Publisher of Capitol Hill Blue, the Bush Administration "has compiled dossiers on more than 10,000 Americans it considers political enemies and BUSH "ENEMIES LIST" UP TO 10,000 uses those files to wage war on those who disagree with its policies."

Trust me 10,000 is nothing when your leader of the free world, paranoia self destroy ya, imagine if the man still drank then he'd be Soupy George, oh the folly!

---------

Blatantly ripped off from Adrants:
"California business partners Dawn Westlake and Bruce Rheins have submitted a patent request for a wine label which reads "Jesus Juice" and contains a Jesus and Michael Jackson-like image in a crucification pose. the two hope to market wine under the label and are currently seeking business partners"
Enterprising fools, drink that in remembrance of him? I think not. Currently seeking business parteners = $$$ don't do it, there's enough garbage on the planet.

-----------

Who said it?

Hey, you know, if you want to ban military recruiting, fine, but I'm not going to give you another nickel of federal money. You know, if I'm the president of the United States, I walk right into Union Square, I set up my little presidential podium, and I say, "Listen, citizens of San Francisco, if you vote against military recruiting, you're not going to get another nickel in federal funds. Fine. You want to be your own country? Go right ahead."

And if Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do anything about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you, except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead.

As long as Bill O'Rielly exists the Cobert Report will have ratings and for that alone I thank God for O'Reilly's existance on the spinning chunk o' rock. I mean that comment was like he got his inner Coulter and is still wearing the panties to prove it. Oy. [via Shakes]

--------

"[T]he political gossipeuse"? The word gossipeuse just made my ass itch; here's the exclusive first review of Ana Marie Cox's Dog Days.
Just call it Bridget Jones Goes to Washington or Sex and the Capital City, though readers hoping for some real-life dirt (or at least a salacious facsimile) will be dealt nothing more than lightweight fluff and throwaway farce.
I doubt anyone thinks Ms. Cox could write fluff and if she did, it would be laced with midol, vitriol, and a Washingtonienne action doll.

----------

Elsewhere in the blogwhirrled:

Confederate Rainbow Flag post via Side Salad.

"MODO" lust @ TMLTMF

1 (310) 717-1919 That's Tom Green's phone number and he wants to hear from you and me at least that's what the Dizzy one says. Tom, my bum is on the rail too, I dare you to sniff that very rail, I do.

Okay, that's it, gotta ease back into the whole "spewing for the sake of spew" thing. Have a loverly Saturday and give Tom a ring.