Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Up to the time I went to bed last night I believed, that indeed, twelve were alive. I believed that Anderson Cooper made this so; afterall, CNN's golden boy grabbed the balls of incompetence during the Katrina catastrophe and twisted the shit out of them. I was beginning to believe that Mr. Cooper had surly struck a deal with the otherworld for ratings. However, when I flipped the channel back to CNN one last before hitting the sack, I was proven wrong. In fact, all but one of the miners were found dead. In a world of cell phones, pagers, blackberries, bloppers, satellite phones and fucking stethascopes no one should ever have to deal with such a brutal tease. My heart goes out to the families who have lost a loved one in this tragedy. I don't expect congressional hearings on the incompetence of knowing life from death, but I do expect a definitive protocol of how "developing news" is delivered.