Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sun Baked Memories

So, I'm sitting around, because sitting square isn't appropriate when one's ass is round, and I decide to go through the umpteen boxes in my storage unit. It was inevitable so I sucked it up called a friend, my former assistant manager and motivator Elizabeth, and we were at it until 10:30 last night.

The boxes hold memories from the 70's, 80's and the 90's. Pictures, good lord the pictures. I thought most had been lost, but alas, there they were in all shades of hair color, varying degrees of weight, assorted boyfriends forever trapped in my photo albums. My prior life sat there in a storage closet, and it's time they came out of the closet. It's fun and a brainmelt nicely compartmentalized in assorted boxes. I found my High School yearbooks, but have yet to find the diploma, snarf.

Most of the boxes are filled with collectibles, pop culture grab bags that will, for the most part, to be sold on eBay. The theory being I haven't missed them, at one time enjoyed them, but it's time for someone else to enjoy them. Who does't need Dukakis and Bush clip dolls?

I'll post some pics later, because I'm quite certain that you'll be amused at the stuff I haven't looked at in over a decade. It's another hot one today, making cleaning the memories much easier - just leave it in the sun, the shake it off, lol. Have a sweatalicious day!

One last pic? Sure, why the fuck not! Gotta love the 80's, again, who doesn't need politicians as a bookmarker??? Imagine Gorby or Reagan saving your spot...heh.



Yes, sweatalicious.