Wednesday, October 11, 2006

There's not enough coffee for this shit

The first noise I heard this morning was that of my phone ringing. "Hello?" I croaked.

"Did I wake you up?? Good Lord woman it's almost 9 - get out of bed" she cackled. She being a former employee and current friend then asked a work question.

"What's the admin function to close the register?" she asked somewhat frantically. Briefly, I thought I was still working and that I'd over slept and then I saw the man-crotch out my window.

"Um, man-crotch alert!" I say.

"What? I don't have time for this, what's the admin code?" she said in a somewhat bitchy tone. I relayed the information she needed, I won't get paid and now there is a man's crotch out my bedroom window. :|

To be fair, the man was a roofer on a ladder and it was me who didn't close my blinds all the way. They are reroofing my building this week and I keep forgetting this, running into my bedroom to change clothes, rip off shirts...look out window...wave..."shit". They start every morning about eight a.m. and since I had a hell of a time getting to sleep last night, I tried to sleep in, but to no avail. Thanks to my former employee, the President talking shit on the tube and the huge man-crotch out my window today is surreal and it's only ten o' clock.