Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thankful

Well, it's back to work for me and let me tell you something, I absolutely hated the process of looking for a job, interviewing - the selling of me - the phone interviews, resume....blah, blah, blah. I thought I would take a financial hit, but got a raise instead and after a month of interviewing for a handful of jobs outside of my experience field and finding myself crying during two of the interviews when asked what I enjoyed about my job at the bookstore. I realized it then - I wanted to keep being the book woman.

I missed it, I never thought I'd say that, but I did and now I'm back, but on the bigger side of the game. So, after mentally conceding to the fact that small bookstores are the past, I sucked it up and started checking out the larger stores, I interviewed with both large chains, but of course, my former company snapped me back up with a salary that makes me so very happy! I'm boss again, a boss in a bookstore. I could hurl big nuggets of joy, but I won't, I'll just be thankful.

Another strange turn of events, I was in Olympia helping out at my mom's store and we stopped by Marshall's and Mervyns to check out the sales when I ran into the woman that intially hired me to work for the company. I hadn't seen her in 16 years so it was wild to say the least, but it brought working the small bookstore to full circle, life is groovy like that. And actually, the bookwoman image in this post is actually a shirt my former boss had given to me as a gift, because, I am a bookwoman and you won't ever find me denying it. ;)

Oh golly, I can take my resume down from Monster!!! Woo! Interestingly enough, I did get a lot of calls from listing on Monster, one just this morning, so it works, however, in the end, I didn't need it. And to those 3 gazillion insurance companies that call me daily, you can stop now I'm resuming my booklust, full steam ahead.

I hope you all have a fabulous and warm holiday with your family and friends!!!

Happy Thanksgiving *bookish happy dance*