Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Blog Worthy?

I would never let a woman kick my ass. If she tried something, I'd be like, HEY! You get your bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie!-Eric Cartman

Ann Coulter on the cover of Time Magazine is yet another sign of the impending "end o' times", and we didn't need no stinkin' NBC series to tell us that.
"I think the way to convert people is to make them laugh or to make them enraged ... Even if I could be convinced that if I had gone through 17 on-the-one-hand-on-the-other-hands, I might convince one more liberal out there, I think I?d still write the way I write, because it gives me laughs."

Anything to amuse yourself I say. I knew when I saw the cover yesterday that this would spin the left into a state of reactionary blog fodder I'd have to avoid, like a festering rash. The more liberals react to her, the more power she gains, even if she does come off as an ignorant tool of the man, yo. *giggle-puke* Dear friends, your time is better spent jackin' off or making a difference by being the antithesis of Ms. Coulter, let us not waste precious blog time with things of little consequence.

And finally, as I am in the midst of tearing up my abode and getting all spring cleaning on it's ass, in short, blogging will be light for a few days, I give you this article to ponder on:
South Park Republicans
Times are changing. The Republican A-list now includes Colin Powell, Christie Whitman, J.C. Watts, and Condoleeza Rice. Women and minorities have been making great strides in the party, but they generally dress, talk, and act like their predecessors. You are more likely to find them at a formal reception than a rock concert.

If Republicans are so different from mainstream America, then who voted for them? The nation has more Republican congressmen and state governors than any other political party, plus control of the White House. There are not enough Alex P. Keatons to account for these election results. Our nation is among the most diverse on earth. Half of the voters are women, a quarter are minorities. There are millions of union workers, retirees, immigrants, government workers, customer service employees, and individuals in low paying jobs, unemployed or on some form of public assistance. All of these groups are expected to lean left. Surely, the stodgy, affluent, religious white guys are outnumbered in the electorate by a huge margin. Yet Republicans candidates still do well. How is that possible?

The answer could very well be the "South Park Republicans." The name stems from the primetime cartoon "South Park" that clearly demonstrates the contrast within the party. The show is widely condemned by some moralists, including members of the Christian right. Yet in spite of its coarse language and base humor, the show persuasively communicates the Republican position on many issues, including hate crime legislation ("a savage hypocrisy"), radical environmentalism, and rampant litigation by ambitious trial lawyers. In one episode, industrious gnomes pick apart myopic anti-corporate rhetoric and teach the main characters about the benefits of capitalism. [read full article here][via]


"Well God, I guess you got me again, didn't you? Yeah, that was a good one, God. Hope it made you laugh, you sick bastard."-Eric Cartman