Sunday, May 01, 2005

Laura Bush: Comedian

The White House Correspondents Dinner was held on Saturday evening, the star of the evening? Laura Bush:
"The amazing thing is that George and I were just meant to be. I was a librarian who spent 12 hours a day in the library, yet somehow I met George."

"People often wonder what my mother-in-law is really like. People think she's a sweet, grandmotherly Aunt Bee type. She's actually more like Don Corleone."

"I'm proud of George. He's learned a lot about ranching since that first year when he tried to milk the horse. What's worse, it was a male horse."[via Wonkette]

Btw, I didn't blow of the Press Conference this week, I was at work listening to it on NPR, after yelling at the radio, a lot, my employee saw a smidge of gray matter seeping from my right ear, so she turned off the radio and told me to go home before my head completely blew, I thanked her, shoved the gray matter back into my ear and went home.