Thursday, June 23, 2005

Thwapft :oP~

Some weeks feel longer than others, but isn't it funny how time flies when your having fun? That is if you consider fun being abused by customers fun, "what do you mean you can't get it -- it's on the internet?"[silence]"This is inexcusable" [click]. Actually, what is really inexcusable is my rant to no one in particular after I was hung up on. "Mommy, why is that lady in the bookstore yelling at the air?", "I don't know son, but maybe she'll have this out-of-print book I've been looking for for YEARS, I can get it on the internet, but surely she'll have a copy, lets go talk to the nice crazy lady." Knit one, pearl two -- in my eye.

I'm off today to partake in the great American pastime of baseball, Safeco Field, da Mariner's staving off a last place ranking (again) and beer. No fair weather fan here, I love the M's even when they suck to high hell. Losers are so cool.

Linkage for the day-o!

Sorry about The Anarchist Cookbook:
"I consider it to be a misguided and potentially dangerous publication which should be taken out of print."

Dude, we were so fucking high when we wrote it, sorry, heh. [bookslut]

Tom Cruise kills Oprah!!! lol.

Surprising expiration dates!!
Marshmallows
Unopened: 40 weeks
Opened: 3 months

I knew this.
-----------------
The Onion 2056
-----------------
As not to come off as too pretentious, Dave Eggers, the prick-like editor of the hipster lit orgy that is McSweeney's responds to Neal Pollack's NYT's piece, because it matters, really.