Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sundown doesn't come soon enough, anywhere.

So, I'm out running errands, I picked up my new phone, a sweet lil' Razr rip off by Sanyo called the Katana. I choose the pink one as 10% of the proceeds go to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, being as I know a handful of people who've had or are now currently dealing with the cancer, my friend Joan, my hair dresser Illayna, a couple of regular customers from the bookstore and my next door neighbor. 5 years ago I didn't know a soul who had it, now it's fricken' epidemic! I like to give where I can and hell, I got a flashy new phone out of the deal!

I milled around Target for awhile and purchased some movies; X-Men (so, excited to see being as I missed it in the theater), The Little Mermaid (My all time Disney fav) and Thank You For Smoking, just for that hint of satire my diet craves. After the Target episode, I saw Ivars, yum. What would be better than some salmon and chips? I walked up to the door, opened it and then I remembered I was fasting, fuck. I'm not going to complain, I'm doing it for a good cause, but sundown can't come soon enough. I'm sure that's what your average Darfurian thinks, "Oh, I can't wait for sundown so I can eat this beetle" damn.

We take so much for granted in this life and one day without the luxury of food is something I can do without. I've got a fancy new phone, movies to watch and a roof over my head. I feel safe most of the time, no matter the security level color. People in Darfur don't have 90% of what I have and trust me, I have little, so, no food until Sundown - I can do this! I'll just watch X-Men and forget my hunger pangs and no that's another luxury Darfurians don't have and it would probably scare them anyways, right?

Save Darfur