Monday, February 02, 2004

Rainy days and Mondays always piss me off

News Flash: Justin Timberlake rips off Janet Jackson's right bra cup exposing the breast to millions during the Super Bowl half time. I saw that and I said um...whoopsie....contrived? Most likely. Janet is such a super sis to MJ that to take the heat away from his trial she showed the world her breast. Funny, when I do that, I get beads, even when it's not Mardi Gra and that's with showing both breasts, it's easy at my age, I just lift the bottom of my shirt to expose my belly and whoop dare day is. The reaction isn't admiration, it's people throwing shit at me so I'll cover them puppies up, such is life.

The half time show in whole was pretty damn cool though, Jessica Simpson as the majorette, then Janet, then P diddypuffythang, then Nelly (I bet it was getting hot in there), then the ever greasy Kid Rock, then Diddy & Nelly again, then Justin Timberlake, woo, then Justin & Janet together smacking down the Madonna & Britney kiss. I guess the FCC is quit pissed which I find utterly fucking ridiculous, attention FCC exec's, it was a titty, a boob, a breastcicle, a mammory, baby food. It was nothing more, nothing less get the fuck over it. I don't think anyone will be scarred by the event and may just spurn a renewed interest in nipple peircings. What are the odds Janet will appear on the cover of Maxim next month? heh.

The Cd release party was a hoot, it took place at Graceland in Downtown Seattle, back in my day it was called the Offramp and I saw Hole there before the release of Live Through this when all we wanted to hear her sing was Teenage Whore & Retard Girl, memories.........light the corners of my mind, yeah.....anyhoo it's called Graceland now and it's all-ages. I thoroughly enjoyed watching all the kids taking their first stage dive (with parental unit standing close by), strange mix but I was pleased to see people my age there. 3 bands played, although I missed the first band due to beer consumption, but, the second band Common Heroes was a nice Nirvana Redux cleaned up a bit, the kids in the band wore a Styxx t-shirt and a Rolling Stones t-shirt, it's nice to pay respect to the elders and they played a nice set. New American Standard (no website, the horror ;) ) was a pleasant surprise, great stage presence, gorgeous men, grooving, melodic, yet, crunchy tunes. I bought the Cd and got a free DVD, woohoo, I'll watch it later. Although little alcohol was consumed and I was home by 11, I still ache, this aging shit is hideous.

The dye job? Fabulous! 3 shades of red that look like Fire, quite amazing. I've been described as edgy, a hell cat and funky, why thank you. ;)