Monday, May 26, 2003

Villa Incognito



Knock, Knock? Who's there?

"It has been reported that Tanuki fell from the sky using his scrotum as a parachute," and so starts the amusing tale of Villa Incognito by Tom Robbins. All I can say is that I absolutely loved this book! If you have never read a Robbins book, start here. You might ask...."what the fuck is a Tanuki? I Googled and I received: now, imagine our cute little Tanuki silly drunk on Saki, thumping his mating call "Pa-Blonga" on his tummy, which, incidentally, this apparently works on weak human women who perhaps 'hobbie-up' on doorknobs, but when the occasional hairy creature passes their way....look out!. Oh my! Add some ex-patriot Nam Vets living in Laos, two crazy women in Seattle and golly.... while your at it.....add a the US government, a circus act and a horny clown and you've got yourself a Tom Robbins novel. Fun, obscure and poignant. Loved it.