Monday, June 13, 2005

Remains Of the Day and the day has just begun, oy.

Feminine Mystique by a marked women
It appears that my "Tale of a fateful trip" post won over only a handful of the outraged feminists pissed at not being taken seriously by the male blog realm.
"Those who condemn our progressive sisters for attacking the ad on Kos, stating that we should all stick together and not get worked up about this issue, are being insensitive on a legitimate issue. We should value all the components of our movement and treat everyone with equal respect and dignity. Ads demeaning to women should provoke negative reactions from within."

Golly, I mentioned respect, didn't I? I'm not going to take it personally, I've come to believe that people will take you seriously if they believe in what your saying, gender be damned. Perhaps I'm independent in my thought process on this one, hell, I'm use to standing alone in a corner while a few applaud my tremendous standing-in-corner abilities. I just don't see how attacking a fellow progressive is at all productive, maybe I'd be more outraged if he kicked a puppy or slept with a Bush twin and posted the pic, but I'm beginning to think the left would find this a victory of sorts, I'm not sure about anything concerning politics anymore. I am a woman who does have cleavage on my header, I'm good with it. I find humor in the most dire situations, it's a survival mechanism that makes me a stronger and more tolerable wench, and yeah, I said wench!! LOL. Whatever, I'll continue standing in my corner of the blogosphere and being that it's a sphere, corners are hard to by and I will spew on. The irony is that if my fellow feminist bloggers were to stop reading me because of my "unity" stance, I'd be left with a readership of straight and gay men reading me (and not to dismiss like-minded women or you fabulous transgender folk ;) Thanks!), I'm good with it, but it seems silly if it were to happen. I stand in the middle on this on ladies, with my tits in their faces, laughing all the way.

Popped Culture
Freaky Universe of McDonald's Advertising. Ronald McDonald is creepy, the Hamburgular totally disturbed me and really what was the point of Grimace, I mean McDonald's didn't sell any purple food, I will admit to a slight crush on the purple blob, but even as a child I didn't understand his purpose. [via]

Politics
The House Republicans just shut down the Patriot Act hearings while the Democrats were still talking. It was absolutely amazing. Then they shut the mics off on the Dems. Even more amazing is that the House Republicans have the nerve to do this during a hearing on, what?, the Patriot Act! A hearing about our concerns about shutting down free speech and civil rights and the Constitution. So what do they do, they simply shut down open debate in the US Congress. Horrifying .

Surprising? Nope.

Reducing the Iraq War to premature ejaculation, somebody give that administration a tissue!
A briefing paper prepared for British Prime Minister Tony Blair and his top advisers eight months before the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq concluded that the U.S. military was not preparing adequately for what the British memo predicted would be a "protracted and costly" postwar occupation of that country.

The eight-page memo, written in advance of a July 23, 2002, Downing Street meeting on Iraq, provides new insights into how senior British officials saw a Bush administration decision to go to war as inevitable, and realized more clearly than their American counterparts the potential for the post-invasion instability that continues to plague Iraq
.