Friday, August 26, 2005

Slumber Wonderland

Next week marks the beginning of the 9th month of the calendar year, where did the time go? Here, there, and everywhere, I suppose. Yes, the slumber was grand, so magnificent, so riddle with dreams. One of the last dreams this morning took place at work, standing near a register, I turned to talk to an employee and then the earth shook, not a little rattle mind you, but a massive rumble-tosser. When I expected it to end it became even more violent, I knew this wasn't another North West window breaker, it most certainly would be the quake that dipped the West Coast into the Pacific. The rest of the dream is vague, I know I tried to use my cell phone to no avail, I went oustside and it was nothing but frenzy, I chose to wake up. That's the good thing about dreams, your subconscious allows you to wake at any given time (whew).

My dreams have been foreboding wonderland at times, I dreamt that my sister would have a boy years and two girls prior to the fact. I dreamt of JFK Jr.'s death a year and almost to the day it actually happened. There are more, countless other unconscious realities that have come to pass. Thin slicing or move over Sylvia Brown, I don't know, but what I do know is that our minds are freaky things and I choose to never underestimate the power of the subconscious. In any case, an earthquake dream is an indication of my unknown future, the bookstore closing this winter, my potential move away from the home I've known longer than any other in my life, OR there's gonna be a motherfucker of an earthquake in the future, I can't say when, there is no timeline for precognitive musings. Whatever, I'm awake now, today is today, the only thing shaking for now is my ass when I walk.