Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Fukking Future

When author Max Barry wrote the satirical novel Syrup, his first hysterical look into "big business" & guerilla marketing, he didn't think that some six, seven years later the very company he mocks so brilliantly actually seems to be going by the way of Fukk:

In my novel Syrup, the hero comes up with an idea for a new cola called "Fukk," which comes in a jet black can. He sells the concept to Coca-Cola (well, kind of), and the company releases it.

I’m hoping there will be a Syrup movie in the not-too-distant future, but Coke is making me nervous by releasing products that are increasingly like Fukk. The latest is "Blak." It's a black bottle, not a can, but still: I'm becoming convinced that their plan is to creep toward a Fukk-like product, then sue me for stealing their idea
.


It's like a Blak Fukk, if you will and you may have already drank some, who can say?

Personally, I don't understand why our society would want to drink Blak, a "Coke(c) effervensence with coffee essence(tm)." I suppose you could chase your Aimbein(c) or Lunestra(c) with it at night instead of Red Bull(c). How we do love to string ourselves out, so we can take a sleep meds.

Whatever the case, let's hope that Blak dosen't mess with the future of Fukk in the movies, we need Fukk, that's not to say we don't need Blak, I'm sure it's yummy, to someone, but let us never forget that it was Fukk started it all.