Monday, June 05, 2006

The Horror

"If you're a parent hoping to break your little boy or girl into movie acting, start by asking yourself the following questions: Does my child look at all like evil incarnate?" [Apply Within]


Boom shaka laka laka- - - - -0

"The Gods Must Be Crazy" Paris Hilton's new single "The Stars Are Blind" is oot & aboot. We listened to it and to be kind it doesn't suck, but, blood and gray matter shot from both ears.

bowmp pada bowmp bowmp - - - - - >>>>>>>>>>>

"A sex toy ban has already happened in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Texas. South Carolina could be next on that list."

Try as they might, you just cannot legislate fiddling the diddle.
"What's worse is that Davenport readily admits that he doesn't know what a sex toy is - yet he wants them banned."


It's like prohibition - it won't work, human beings are entirely too resourceful.

Zoinks dada doinks- - - - - 0

Evolution be damned: The Monkey Chow Diet Could it sound more yum?
Dumbass.
[via Freakonomics]

-_-_\\\\\\>0<//////_-_-

I am determined to get a couple of projects finished this week so if you don't see me, you - um...don't see me. With that said I leave you with The Humor because we've done The Horror, although scary, you can't deny it was amusing.

"I wanted to say something about the Umberto Eco quote that was used earlier from The Name of the Rose. That book fascinated me because in it these people are killed for trying to get out of this library a book about comedy, Aristotle's Commentary on Comedy. And what's interesting to me is one of the arguments they have in the book is that comedy is bad because nowhere in the New Testament does it say that Jesus laughed. It says Jesus wept, but never did he laugh.

But, I don't think you actually have to say it for us to imagine Jesus laughing. In the famous episode where there's a storm on the lake, and the fishermen are out there. And they see Jesus on the shore, and Jesus walks across the stormy waters to the boat. And St. Peter thinks, "I can do this. I can do this. He keeps telling us to have faith and we can do anything. I can do this." So he steps out of the boat and he walks for-I don't know, it doesn't say-a few feet, without sinking into the waves. But then he looks down, and he sees how stormy the seas are. He loses his faith and he begins to sink. And Jesus hot-foots it over and pulls him from the waves and says, "Oh you of little faith." I can't imagine Jesus wasn't suppressing a laugh. How hilarious must it have been to watch Peter-like Wile E. Coyote-take three steps on the water and then sink into the waves." - Stephen Colbert's 2006 Knox College Commencement Address

Read the full transcript here.
[via DailyKos]