Friday, February 13, 2004

The Superstitious Five

I have to work late today (ugh) and it's Friday the 13th, I'm ready for it, let's go.......bring it on beeyotch. :D

1. Are you superstitious? Yes and no, but I'm insane so there ya have it.

2. What extremes have you heard of someone going to in the name of superstition? As a pedestrian while walking down the street if someone chooses to pass me on the sidewalk by walking around a street lamp or say telephone pole, I curse the bastard and circle the post once and say "Bread & Butter" three times to reverse the bad juju that bastard put upon me. Somebody please tell me where in the fuck I got that from.

3. Believer or not, what's your favorite superstition? Walking under a ladder, I have 3 ladders that run around the perimeter of my store and sometimes when I'm feeling naughty, belligerent and or I just don't give a shit I walk under the ladders, customers stare in awe of my bravery and I smile knowingly at them like "fuck it man, it's just a ladder" ;) then in my mind I freak out a bit, "what doom have I brought upon myself" and then, when no one is looking, I walk back under the ladder as to correct my behavior, it works, I think.

4. Do you believe in luck? If yes, do you have a lucky number/article of clothing/ritual? Luck=happenstance, opportunity, right place, right time. Do I believe in those things, yes. As for numbers I'm all about odd numbers, even numbers make me queasy and paranoid, lucky number? Um...any odd number, I like 3 and 7 the best, nine is nice too, I tell you, I'm whacked. As for a talisman, it would have to be my sterling silver Mickey Mouse ring I've worn almost everyday for about 15 years, on the days I haven't worn it, life proceeded to be uber shitty, so I wear that sucker everyday and if I ever loose my mind and choose to get married, the ring must compliment the Mouse, the mouse stays. :D

5. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not? Asstrology is more like it. I used to buy a book on my sign every year and read the horrorscopes daily, sometimes I'd even look ahead to other months to see what was awaiting me and excitedly anticipated the coming event of which never occurred. There are those times when the horoscopes and your dreams all say the same thing and then it happens, that's a bit freaky, but ultimately it's the practicing of your free will that gets you to where you wanna be.

Have a loverly day!